Happy new year, everyone! As how the Japanese say it, 新年明けましておめでとうございます。1
With the upcoming 3rd major single RISE arriving in less than a month from today, the year has already kicked off with a bang for MADKID and the Axcel family. So, without further ado, let’s begin!
MAD MUSIC New Year Special
MADKID kicks off 2019 with the very first episode of MAD MUSIC on LINE LIVE of the new year. The boys began the festivities with a paddle game similar to ping-pong (without a table) and badminton. Rather than “punishing” the loser with the bitter tea, the winner gets to be rewarded with a gift from the staff.
SHIN, despite not paying attention to the rules beforehand, defeated the rest of the members until he faced the leader YOU-TA. In the end, the leader prevailed and was rewarded for his victory.
Next, the members write their “word for the new year” almost similar to a new year resolution or a new year goal and explained why they chose these words. The members have to write this in shoudo (brush calligraphy) format:
- SHIN: 笑顔 (egao) – smile
- LIN: 上昇 (joushou) – ascension
- YOU-TA: 気合 (kiai) – fighting spirit (scream/yell)
- KAZUKI: 黄金 (kogane) – golden
- YUKI: 信頼 (shinrai) – trust
You can watch the entire episode on your LINE messaging account. Just follow the MADKID Official LINE account by scanning the QR code on the front page of this site. If you are a first-timer Axcel or the first time you’ve been to this site and are unfamiliar with MAD MUSIC or if you don’t have a LINE account, you can watch this episode and all of their past episodes here as well.
SWISH 2019 New Year Special 2 Days (Day 2)
Remember the Autumn Edition of SWISH, which it was livestreamed on the SHOWROOM app? DAY 2 of the first SWISH event of 2019 was also livestreamed as well.
On DAY 2 of the SWISH New Year Special, there were 10 acts on the lineup, which of course, includes MADKID. The acts were as follows (in alphabetical order):
- COLOR CREATION
- DREAM MAKER
- First place
- Yuya Matsushista
Among the 10 acts, MADKID performed second to the last act (FlowBack). Their set list are as follows:
- GIANT KILLING
- GET STARTED (Remix?)
- Lovin’ You 2
For those who weren’t able to attend their last live tour, GIANT KILLING, the SWISH livestream gave those who missed the live tour a chance to see MADKID perform their upcoming single RISE on stage.
I had to crop the clip to get rid of the frame from the SHOWROOM app, which is why the quality is quite blurry, but please enjoy.
MADKID RISING HOPE
MADKID’s new radio show, MADKID RISING HOPE, began airing last week, 1/2/19, and their second episode was released earlier today. You can still listen to last week’s episode by checking out their archives on the JFN PARK app. If you still haven’t downloaded the app and want to listen to their radio show, instructions in English are here.
KAZUKI, YUKI, and SHIN are BACK!
It’s been months since our three favorite livestreamers of MADKID have streamed to talk to all the fans, old and new. Fearing that MADKID will be overwhelmed with so many activities because of their upcoming 3rd single release, all three have returned to livestreaming again starting January 2019! There are a few changes with the way the boys are streaming:
- KAZUKI still remains active on 17 (now known as LiveAF). In fact, he was already awarded as one of the top livestreamers by 17 last October, so congratulations to him!
- YUKI began livestreaming on Instagram Live using his personal Instagram account. He still uses 17 as his livestream platform, so please don’t delete the app.
- SHIN decided to change livestream platforms again. This time, on the same platform as MAD MUSIC: LINE LIVE. It’s still uncertain whether he decided to completely ditch Pococha altogether, so I wouldn’t delete the app just yet. This time though, you can’t actually watch his streams (or even his archives) on your standard LINE messenger account because he is using his personal LINE account rather than the MADKID Official LINE account, 3 so you really don’t have any choice but to download LINE LIVE. Because his version of LINE LIVE is the Japan-region only app, you can follow instructions on how to download it here, just like how you downloaded Pococha and JFN PARK. The only awesome thing about the Japan-only LINE LIVE app is that it’s much simpler, less complicated, a lot lighter, and for those who can’t read Japanese at all, the app’s interface is in English. I may open up a separate guide for LINE LIVE, but once you install the app, everything else from registration and setup is pretty much self-explanatory that you won’t need any translations to go through. 4 I’ll let you know when I open this section next time.
THE RISING OF THE SHIELD HERO
The new anime series kicking off in 2019, The Rising of the Shield Hero (盾の勇者の成り上がり – Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari) will begin airing on Japanese TV later tonight (1/9/19 (Wednesday) JST). Follow the official (Japanese) twitter for the regional airing schedules.
But, this doesn’t mean that the rest of the world is far behind. If you live in the U.S., the anime will also be on air on the same date (1/9/19 (Wednesday), U.S. time zones) on the Crunchyroll anime streaming service. In fact, the first episode preview was already available for Crunchyroll subscribers since last December, so in a way, we are a little ahead of Japan.
Crunchyroll is also available in some countries, however, I also read that some countries are region-locked and aren’t able to see the new series. If you don’t live in the U.S. and are located in these countries who are unfortunately region-locked, all you have to do is wait for the announcements.
There have been videos and other clips about Shield Hero spread around on YouTube featuring RISE on the opening theme, not by Japanese fans, but by overseas anime fans. I know this is a little “illegal,” but this is a good, high chance that MADKID will gain exposure within the worldwide anime/manga community. This would also mean a high chance for MADKID to be invited in some worldwide anime/manga conventions 5 to perform, not just RISE but also their other known tracks.
Will 2019 be MADKID’s year to rising stardom? Let’s wait and see!
PERSONAL NOTE: I will relaunch my writing/reading reviews blog sometime this month to write my reviews and thoughts on Shield Hero. Because I’m already way ahead story-wise, 6 I’m re-reading what I’ve read so far and right now, I’m almost finishing vol. 5 of the light novel series, as of this writing. If you’re interested in following my reviews of the anime/light novels, please follow me on that blog instead.
“RISE” MV OUT!
… and right after the airing of Shield Hero, the MV for the single RISE is finally here! Please take a listen, spread it around, and support MADKID!
And that would be it for the first entry of 2019! I know it’s a little late, but we’re back to normal lives again in this brand-new year. Are you all excited for 2019 as much as I am?
Till next time, Axcels!
- Shinnen akemashite omedetou gozaimasu.
- A familiar unreleased track to many long-time Axcels. The digital song is available only to MADKID Fanclub members.
- And none of us know what his personal LINE account is, so let’s just keep it that way.
- Unless English is not your native language…
- probably not this year, but next year perhaps? Still, that would be so awesome!
- I have been reading the Shield Hero light novels series back in 2015 when the English version of the series was launched here in the U.S.