- If you remembered the MM6 campaign that began last May, the rewards of our successful 5000 RTs (1000 RTs/member video) Twitter campaign of the members’ dialect promotion videos near the last week of May, is now in effect! Starting 7/2 JST (Monday), various promotion ads for the upcoming 7/4 2nd major single release of “Summer Time” are posted on select subway train stations all over Japan. With the exception of Fukuoka (7/10) and Miyazaki (7/22), the ads will be posted until 7/8 (Sunday). According to MADKID Twitter, if you happen to be anywhere in Japan and have seen these ads posted in any of the subway stations, be sure to spread it around Twitter by snapping a photo of it and post it on Twitter with the hashtags: #MADKID #SummerTime #広告
- Starting 7/2 until 7/5, there will be a special message and a photo from each of the members commemorating the “Summer Time” release on the MADKID Official LINE account. If you don’t have the LINE account, you can download and install the app from the App Store or Google Play. Next, follow the MADKID LINE account by scanning the QR code in this Tweet.
- Now that we’re talking about LINE, this Friday (7/6) will be the July edition of MAD MUSIC at 20:00 – 21:00 (8:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.) JST and will be airing on the LINE app. Just log in your LINE app, sit back, and relax… and comment too when the show starts.
- “Summer Time” will be having its power airplay on Bunkahoso’s Recommended! Check radio segment from 7/2 (Monday) – 7/5 (Thursday)
- [Last Minute Update] Later today at 13:00 (1:00 p.m.) JST, You-ta, Shin, and Yuki will be guesting at Bunkahoso’s “Otake Makoto Golden Radio.” On that same day with the same three members, there will be a release event at the Tokyo Skytree Town Solamachi Store at 19:00 (7:00 p.m.) JST.
Tomorrow (JST) is the Fourth of July!
MADKID’s 2nd major single release, “Summer Time”, will be on sale in local music stores and online shops. Currently, the digital singles are now on sale in Japan-region iTunes/Apple Music. Hopefully, the singles will also be available in all regions of iTunes/Apple Music, as well as on Spotify soon.
On that day, MADKID will have a free live at Shibuya Yoyogi Park at 18:30 (6:00 p.m.) JST to commemorate the release day. We need 500 people to attend the free event, so if you happen to be around Shibuya and if you have friends nearby, please come and attend. If 500 people do show up, MADKID will be having a nationwide tour all over Japan. Wouldn’t that be awesome? 😊
Lastly, to all my fellow American Axcels out there, advanced Happy Independence Day. It may be July 4th in Japan, but it’s still July 3rd where we are.
Global Axcel News
- I recently just received word that You-ta will no longer be doing live streams on either Pococha 1 or 17 for reasons not revealed. However, he will be doing Instagram Live from time to time. Last night, he was on Instagram Live back to his rockin’ DJ self, spinning and remixing some kickass tunes. If you think about it, it’s a lot better that he’s on Instagram Live, so that we all don’t have to go through the hassle of downloading and installing strange live stream apps just to make connections with him. If you missed the party or just want to see You-ta in action, please do follow You-ta on both Twitter and Instagram.
- Kazuki was online earlier today on Pococha to catch the Japan vs. Belgium World Cup Round of 16 match. As you can see, the results of the game went viral with that shocking stunner at the end. On the other hand, Kazuki is an avid soccer fan, and I don’t think he’d stop binge-watching the World Cup just because Japan got eliminated. Nope. It’s always for the love of the beautiful game. 👍
Updates on AXCEL STYLE
- As you can see, the format for this particular entry is a little different from the first three of the What’s Happening? blog posts. I’m still pulling my hair with this caching issue that I decided to use a different post formatting and no longer use the Themify Builder plugin to create the default What’s Happening? blog post layouts. Yeah, this is really driving me nuts. I’ll be using this format from now on.
- After surfing around Twitter, I still see a lot of Axcels using the AXCEL spelling in their tweets. I started to ponder that maybe the whole Axcel vs. AXL stylized romaji spelling is more of a “ranking” bit. If you are a general Axcel, you spell it as Axcel. If you joined the MADKID Official Fan Club, you will be elevated from an Axcel to an AXL. 2
Coming soon on AXCEL STYLE
This is more of a checklist:
- Still working on the JFN PARK guide.
- Still working on the SLYKY guide.
- Will start working on fan mail and fan gifts guide.
Thank you for reading. See you next time!
- He doesn’t even have a Pococha account…
- This is a joke, but seriously I really don’t want to do any URL changes just because I want to match the spelling with the fan club’s spelling, so I’d like to think of it this way. I don’t believe in “elitism” or any form of ranking within the fanbase, but this is all for the sake of the site’s name.